Saturday, January 10, 2009

1/8/9 :: Mussels and Brew


I know that I'm cheating a bit by combining two photos, but it's my blog and I say its fine!  Today was a nice, relaxing sort of day.  I met Haley and Jamie tonight in the Grassmarket, and we went to the most delicious mussel and steak place.  I tried my first mussel!  I ordered a steak and chips, which were a bit too fancy for my pocketbook, but I tried not to think about it.  I think I was more interested in the waiter than the food anyway.

Afterward, we decided to go to a few pubs and we stopped at The Three Sisters (too expensive, but they did play a Michael Jackson tune that reminded me of Josh so much), The Advocate (a more chill, moody pub), and then finally The Tron (a hipster little hang out place).  

Parting with Haley was very sad-- she returns to the US on Saturday morning. It sort of hit me in the drunken head that I was truly going to be on my own here now.  I stumbled home alone along the Cowgate, calling Joe on the way.  I mumbled off some embarrassing things about the weather and my stupid crush.  Oh, I'm awful.

Tomorrow is everyone's critique on their exhibition projects, and I'm very excited to see what my classmates have been up to.  More on that tomorrow.

No comments: