Thursday, January 1, 2009

1/1/09 :: The Last Supper




For the past few weeks, I've been on edge about the trip.  It's hard work being so excited and anxious about something for so long-- results in lots of sleepless nights.  Not to mention, for the past week, we've had 8 people staying at our house (my dad's two sisters and their families), so there hasn't been much quiet time to collect myself.  

We've been having these enooormous meals every night since their arrival, and tonight was the finale with the classic turkey dinner while watching The Rose Bowl (I fell asleep).  This was my last real home-cooked meal before my big trip. Tomorrow I will be rushing around and packing, so I've just been sitting back and enjoying the relaxing evening as much as I can.  I'm going to go for a walk after dessert.  Nothing says Pennsylvania like dad's cooking and one final jaunt through the small green hills.

1.5 days till blast off.

1 comment:

anialexanian said...

now when you say 'blast off' i have an image in my head that scotland has different high tech airplanes that take off more like rocket ships because europe is just sweet like that.

have a safe trip kelly lady.