Friday, January 2, 2009

1/2/09 :: Chas hates packing


It's the night before the big leap across the pond.  I've been dealing with Power of Attorney, credit cards, cell phones, and all sorts of gross stuff all day long.  The fun was topped off with lots of packing.  That disgruntled little guy you see perched on my suitcase is Chas.  He is quite excited for the trip, but you probably can't tell in this photo.  He only smokes when he is stressed-- which is all the time.  Packing is hard work, but I know he's secretly looking forward to the haggis.

It's time to sift through the paperwork one last time and double check all my lists.  I'd like to get some sleep tonight, but I don't know if that's even reasonable the night before you move to another country.  I'm really excited, but there are so many things to worry about and take care of that I'm pretty nervous too...
If Jersey's airport doesn't offer free internet, the next time I update could very well be from another country.  
So incredibly awesome.
: D

12 hours till blast-off!