Saturday, January 24, 2009

1/22/9 :: The Exhibition Opening



Tonight was the opening of ECA's third year exhibition, featuring the work of the design majors at the junior level.  All of my classmates have been working on their pieces since before break, so it was fun to finally get to see them in their finished state.  Neeti, the other exchange in my department (from India), and I walked around the exhibition for a bit before I ran into Lindsey.  We chatted about whether or not we wanted to go out later, and I decided to go home and get some work done so I could see our plans through.  The exhibition was a gorgeous set up, but not much of the graphic design work was as graphic as I would've thought it should be.  My favorite piece was done by a classmate named Tom Carlile-- he hand-coded an entire sheet of 24x36 paper in tiny, tiny print, and then silk-screened type over it.  


Later on, I met up with Lindsey, Sara, and Marianna, and we went for drinks at Vodka Rev on Chambers Street.  We ordered large pitchers of cocktails and got 24 shots to split between us.  My favorite of the night was called birthday cake!   It was a great night, but it ended too soon.  I snuck out to the chippy with Chris for 30 minutes, and when I returned, every one was ready to go home.  I pouted the entire walk back.  My first (successful) attempt at shots, and I had nothing to show for it.
Bah!

No comments: