Sunday, January 18, 2009

1/17/9 :: Shopping and The One Below



Today was probably my best day in Edinburgh to date. Couldn't possibly just choose one, so I chose two pictures for today:  the bottom picture is me and two of my classmates at the club "The One Below."  Shonagh (left) and Shannon (right).  The top one is of me and Joe, who you've already heard loads about.

During the day, Shonagh took me shopping around Princes Street and George Street.  I got a great dress, a pair of heels, a tank, and a belt.  I'm so glad that Shonagh was with me because they take fashion here seriously, and I haven't got a clue.

Afterward, again, there was another fabulous meal prepared by Joe, getting ready, and then drinks.  Not as many people showed up to go out as we'd expected, but for me, it was just right.  We drank at home because the bar was going to be very expensive.  When we got there, we piled into this little glowing booth, hooked my ipod into the wall, and played my music.  (Haley, that mix you made for me came in especially handy!)  Every one kept complimenting me on my dress, which made me feel great, and Joe gave me encouragement about wearing heels when drunk throughout the night.  I almost made it the whole way home in them, but changed them just before we left the bar.  I'm glad I remembered to stash a pair of flats in my purse. 

After a bit of dancing and many, many photos, I headed back to Joe's flat to pass out on the sofa.  I fell asleep just after the 'Sweet Transvestite' portion of Rocky Horror.  Perfect end to any night.

No comments: