Thursday, February 26, 2009

2/26/9 :: Work Placement

I went to bed last night at 9pm, and I didn't get up this morning until after 11am.  I am fighting off another cold that I picked up in London.  Good news is that I felt loads better today-- yesterday was a bit rough.  After lunch, I went into the studio for a short bit and started searching for design firms to apply to for my work placement.

No matter what I searched for, I kept coming back to Jean Jullien.  He's an artist I've been admiring for a while now-- just now studying for his masters at the Royal College of Art, but already a force to be reckoned with.  His 3D work is something to get wet over, really.  I am going to send him another email or two (we were in contact with one another over Xmas break), and I also plan to send material to Peepshow (a firm with similar taste to Jullien's).

All the places I'm applying for are in London, which is a bit of a concern.  I'm having money troubles already.  I don't even know if London is possible.  I know even the thought of my trying to move there for two weeks would put my mom into the hospital.

On a more positive note, I finally got feedback on the Ecommo branding project from earlier in the term.  They decided not to use any of our designs for their official re-brand, but it was an anonymous vote that my design was the best of the four presented.   Woot.

No comments: