Thursday, February 26, 2009

2/24/9 :: Fragile

Last day in London was a fragile one.  We had to get up at 7am to check out of the hostel and get to the second half of the 4 Designers lectures.  When I got in my seat at the lectures, I was out cold.   The first speaker droned on for aaaages, and I slept on Dan's shoulder through it all.   After his speech was finished, we had a bit of an intermission before the last two designers came in.  Dan, Shonagh, and I made a break for it and decided we'd just rather be at Burger King than in that auditorium, sleeping.  

We had ourselves some hangover burgers and cigarettes, and then went for a walk to Oxford Street to get Shonagh's phone fixed up.  After that, we picked up our bags from the hostel and made our way back to King's Cross to catch the train home.  We played some card games, and I wrote postcards to everyone at home.

I took my cab to Grassmarket and picked up a pizza for dinner.  I could barely keep my eyes open to eat it.  Another zonk-out sleep.  

Overall, it was the best trip.  I know that I need to spend a significant portion of my young life in London-- it is the city for me.  I just hope that someday, somehow it works out.  Regardless, I can't wait to go back at the end of March!

No comments: